Bus between Püspökladány & Oradea?

• 4 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

On the interrail planner it says there is a “replacement bus” between Püspökladany (Hu) and Oradea (Ro). on August 5 2023.

But the Deutsche Bahn planner, and MAV-planner say there are just regular trains going.

Since im not looking forward to sit 3,5 hours in a bus, i was wondering: WHICH planner is right?? Has anyone an idea about this?

kind regards, Martijn - The Netherlands

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'd trust the operators’ info (here: MÁV and CFR) much more than any Interrail source.

The bus has the same number as the train. I'm now really curious too, because i just bought a ticket from MAV.

@Martijng The following article states that the train is not running: https://www-cfrcalatori-ro.translate.goog/comunicate/modificari-temporare-in-circulatia-trenurilor-internationale-la-solicitarea-mav-2/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=nl&_x_tr_hl=nl&_x_tr_pto=wapp

@MarkH How did you book the tickets through MAV, since I get an error every time I book the train

In the interrail site at train constructions at country hungary there is also a document about where the buses are and exactly which trains are cancelled