Solved

Busy routes/reservations

• 11 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello! Thank you for anyone engaging with this forum post, any input will be super helpful! 

The following routes are ones which do not need reservations within my group’s trip. We are travelling throughout July: 

• Bern to Vienna
  • Vienna to Ljubljlana 
  • Lake Bled to Zagreb 

However, I was wondering if anyone knew how busy these routes would be in early-mid July and whether you think reservations would be helpful? 

Thank you so much for any input!! 

icon

Best answer by seewulf 11 June 2022, 21:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello! Thank you for anyone engaging with this forum post, any input will be super helpful! 

The following routes are ones which do not need reservations within my group’s trip. We are travelling throughout July: 

• Bern to Vienna
  • Vienna to Ljubljlana 
  • Lake Bled to Zagreb 

However, I was wondering if anyone knew how busy these routes would be in early-mid July and whether you think reservations would be helpful? 

Bern to Vienna i would reserve the Train from Zürich to Vienna :)
Vienna - Ljubljana on which Route via Villach or via Zidani Most?
Lake Bled - Zagreb is quite popular :)

You can reserve Zürich - Vienna & Lake Bled - Zagreb via oebb.at for 3€ use the “Seat only option” note  for first class reservations you need a 1st class Railpass :) The reservations of both travelclasses cost the same as they are just a “reservation” for aseat on the train and not the ticket which your pass is.

• Bern to Vienna
  • Vienna to Ljubljlana 
  • Lake Bled to Zagreb 

You can reserve Zürich - Vienna & Lake Bled - Zagreb via oebb.at for 3€ use the “Seat only option” note  for first class reservations you need a 1st class Railpass :) The reservations of both travelclasses cost the same as they are just a “reservation” for aseat on the train and not the ticket which your pass is.

That is super helpful, I really appreciate it!! 

Not sure about the Vienna - Ljubljana route yet, probably via Zidani Most but which would you recommend? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

• Bern to Vienna
  • Vienna to Ljubljlana 
  • Lake Bled to Zagreb 

Not sure about the Vienna - Ljubljana route yet, probably via Zidani Most but which would you recommend? 

In the matter of scenic i would go with the direct Eurocity via Zidani Most  or the bigdetour with the Railjet from Vienna via Linz , Salzburg to Villach and change here for a train via Jesenice (near Lake Bled) to Ljubljana

So with Vienna - Ljubljana you have quite a good direct train. with a slovenian dinning carriage for Breakfast.

• Bern to Vienna
  • Vienna to Ljubljlana 
  • Lake Bled to Zagreb 

In the matter of scenic i would go with the direct Eurocity via Zidani Most  or the bigdetour with the Railjet from Vienna via Linz , Salzburg to Villach and change here for a train via Jesenice (near Lake Bled) to Ljubljana

So with Vienna - Ljubljana you have quite a good direct train. with a slovenian dinning carriage for Breakfast.

I can’t thank you enough!! would you recommend a reservation for those?