Solved

Caledonian Sleeper question

Show first post

34 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thank you for the search you did on your end. I definitely missed those connections.

Also note that this isn't train-specific. It will be the same for any train:

1. in the WET zone leaving between 23:00 and 23:59.
  2. in the EET zone leaving between 0:00 and 0:59.
  3. in the TRT zone (Turkey) leaving between 0:00 and 1:59, or between 0:00 and 0:59 when CEST is in effect (probably, I didn't test this).

Hi Rian,

Thank you for adding the information about the use of time zone. I've been additionally reporting this case.

In addition to that, related to the language bug you found on the App, did you already enable the error logging function?

If yes, please send me your Device ID. I'll raise this issue to the IT dept.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In addition to that, related to the language bug you found on the App, did you already enable the error logging function?

I didn't but I've turned it on now and will let you know when it happens again.

I have the same issue with London to Glasgow on the sleeper on 4th April leaving at 2350. My understanding that due to use of CET this should use a travel day of 5th April and I do not want it to use one of my two home travel days for the 4th.

Further it is not possible to elbow this in by putting Watford to Glasgow i.e. a start after midnight local time - it does not recognise this journey and anyway that leaves me paying for London to Watford which I don’t see why I should have to when this is a bug in their app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Further it is not possible to elbow this in by putting Watford to Glasgow i.e. a start after midnight local time - it does not recognise this journey and anyway that leaves me paying for London to Watford which I don’t see why I should have to when this is a bug in their app.

I suggest adding the train manually with a changed departure time of 5 April 0:00.

If anyone makes you pay anything, then claim it back from customer service, referring to the conditions of use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I've now found a way to trigger it: by going to the release notes.

In the German version, go to Mehr > Was gibt es Neues? > Versionshinweise.

That page is empty (that's probably also a bug...). Then go back once and you'll already see that page in English with e.g. "release notes”. The rest of the app will then also slowly change to English until I restart it. This is also still reproducible in version 30.1.0. I'll send you my device ID in a private message.

BTW, I'd rather have a proper language setting in the app, so I don’t have to manipulate the language order in my OS to get my most important apps in the language I want.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I've now found a way to trigger it: by going to the release notes.

In the German version, go to Mehr > Was gibt es Neues? > Versionshinweise.

That page is empty (that's probably also a bug...). Then go back once and you'll already see that page in English with e.g. "release notes”. The rest of the app will then also slowly change to English until I restart it. This is also still reproducible in version 30.1.0. I'll send you my device ID in a private message.

BTW, I'd rather have a proper language setting in the app, so I don’t have to manipulate the language order in my OS to get my most important apps in the language I want.

Hi Rian,

I already sent you a PM. In addition, I can see that the release notes' page is not empty anymore after checking it with the developer team, although the information written might only available in English.

I understand there's no language setting in the app, and it works based on automated translation from the language in the user's device. Of course, I agree that this needs to be implemented in the App and hopefully this can be done in the near future.

Have a nice day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for the search you did on your end. I definitely missed those connections.

Also note that this isn't train-specific. It will be the same for any train:

1. in the WET zone leaving between 23:00 and 23:59.
  2. in the EET zone leaving between 0:00 and 0:59.
  3. in the TRT zone (Turkey) leaving between 0:00 and 1:59, or between 0:00 and 0:59 when CEST is in effect (probably, I didn't test this).

Thank you for adding the information about the use of time zone. I've been additionally reporting this case.

@Mukhammad any news on this timezone issue? There's still a discrepancy between the app and the conditions of use:

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@rvdborgt Unfortunately it is still in the progress status. For now your answers on that topic are the best workarounds so far for any customers experiencing this time zone issue.