Skip to main content

Can anyone tell me what happens to my seat reservations if I miss the connection.

Can I easily transfer it to a later train by talking to someone at the station.

I am concerned I don’t have enough time to get from Paris Nord to Paris Lyon (50 minutes is what the Interrail Route Planner did).

I think I would like to cancel it and transfer to a later train to give more time. But then I’d have to cancel the reservations which seems tricky. How do I cancel a seat reservation?

50 minutes is normally enough and even allows for small delays. This transfer can be done in about 25 minutes from train to train using the RER if you already have a ticket for the RER (or if you know how the ticket machines work and there's no queue) and you know your way around the stations.

If you're using a TGV or Thays to Paris Nord, then buy an RER ticket from the bar.

How to cancel or change a reservation depends on where you bought it.

Thanks, Good to know.

I’ve worked out how to cancel my existing reservations in my Eurail account. 

This RER ticket is simply a local metro ticket for the inner zone: Paris-inside the boulevard periferique-also valid on RER. DO use RER=much faster, on the far left side of gare du Nord. Ticket is 1,90-only a very few machines take cash still -and mostly then have no change for 2€. Also only a very few machines for now still sell paper tickets (with old-style magn.stripe-these are announced many times to be fased out). Keep ticket-you also need it to pass gate at way-out on RER

Those ´sold´ in the bar are often non-existent, sold out/epuisëe, or turn out to be used/outdated.

As I used €* the other day from Lon; there are now-long live this brexit thing!! also spot checks by customs (=NOT passports, but illegal imported goods, it is also forbidden to take any dairy/milk/meat etc into EU-even that ch+Ham sarny)) on the way out