Solved

Can't book Budapest to Videle

• 29 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I'm trying to book a trip from Budapest to Videle, but the only option is to be sent by post. And when I try to book it says that ghd simulation don't think I can receive the tickets on time (eventhough it's for early August, so in more than a month), so I can't book. Also not working when I choose an expedition directly to Budapest.

Any idea?
Thanks

icon

Best answer by MartinM 29 June 2022, 10:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Regarding the delivery time, it is about 2 months at the moment due to high demand for paper reservations and paper passes. 

thanks

the issue is that I cannot choose a digital pass, how come?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Overworked and unstaffed. ALL transport systems anywhere in EUR have enormous shortage of staff. Also not helped by the ridiculous all-we-do-it-different IT systems of the dozens of modernising railways-and often faulty too. Juniors should learn to think backward and out of their pre-set allonthefone box.

Where is Videle? I think there are no direct trains from Bp anyway-if its (maybe misspelled) name of HU town-then do not evenn worry-just do when there on a yellow MAV machine-only needed for real IC trains-and its less as 1€ in HUF.

Acc to wiki its a RO town of maybe 10k people-check again if it does have a direct train from Bp-and if yes-or to nearby other stop-do it when in Bp-on arrival go to the special counter in keleti-they are very well used to that. Note that 1 of the 2 major raillines HU-RO is out of use due to long overdue works (travaux nëcessaires) on the tracks. If you even plan to travel further-its also all only locally at counter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Videle is near Bucuresti.

Just buy the reservation at the station (international ticket office) in Budapest. Won’t be a problem in 99% of the cases.