Solved

Can't book seat reservation Paris-Milan. How to book?

Hi guys, I have 2 question, the first one follows:

Unfortunately this site don’t allow to make a seat reservation Paris-Milan.
Anyone knows about other sites to do this? 

I’m also thinking about to make a seat reservation in a ticket office in Paris but i’ve never did it before and i’m scared of not be able to do it when i will be there (maybe no seats avaiable or something else), so my second question is:

• anyone have experience on make seat reservation last minute into a station? It’s possible or better avoid this solution?

If matter, I have a paper pass (no mobile), I specify it just in case there is any difference

Thank you all for your tips!!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 July 2022, 01:18

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's a bad idea to try to book this reservation last minute. You should be able to book it by phone e.g. via NS and they'll send it via e-mail.

SNCF can also book it by phone but they're quite picky about which credit cards from which countries they accept. SNCB can also book it by phone but their phone number is rather expensive to call.

Unfortunately SNCB online don’t offer a seat reservation Paris-Milan :(

idem SNCF…

but why only in France there is such a problem? In German or Sweden there is no problem and it’s really easy to book a seat….

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

idem SNCF…

Correct, that's why I wrote you can book by phone.

but why only in France there is such a problem? In German or Sweden there is no problem and it’s really easy to book a seat….

SNCF don't find Interrail/Eurail passengers important. 1.5 years ago, they even removed the possibility from their website and app to book pass holder seats for domestic trains and the TGV to Milan :(

Maybe if enough people complain, they will change their mind or at least see the problem. They should have noticed by now that many pass holders are now calling them to book. But as always with railways, change takes a very long time.

idem SNCF…

Correct, that's why I wrote you can book by phone.

SNCF don't find Interrail/Eurail passengers important. 1.5 years ago, they even removed the possibility from their website and app to book pass holder seats for domestic trains and the TGV to Milan :(

Maybe if enough people complain, they will change their mind or at least see the problem. They should have noticed by now that many pass holders are now calling them to book. But as always with railways, change takes a very long time.

Ok so you suggest me to contact them by phone…

better call SNCF of NS?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok so you suggest me to contact them by phone…

better call SNCF of NS?

SNCF (press #85 for English) seem to have a problem with Visa/Mastercard from many countries. And they’re closed now.

NS are not so fussy about credit cards and are available 24/7.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Also: there is very high Supplmt to pay with passes for the direct treni.

YOu can avoid this or lower it a lot to use the route via Swiss-TGV till last stop before, cross Swiss, change Domodossola to Regionale TreNord. This is also the alternative way when direct treni are completo.

SNCF also looks at its income-normal tickets bring in far more (and with less hassle) as these passholders-they will not let the whole train be taken by these cheapskates.