Solved

Can't book the seats Spain/France

Hello,

I want to book the reservations for the seats, where it is required. But in Spain and partly in France I cant reservate the seats and it saysmthat I have to book them at the train station. The chance that the seats aren’t available anymore when I get to the train staions are pretty big. Especially because we are a group of 8.

So what shoul/could I do? How can I reservate the seats without being in Barcelona e.g.?

The second thing is, that there was a chance to do the reservation from Bordeaux to Boulogne online. When I got to the website it said, that they need the pass cover number (from the paper pass) but I don’t have it, because I booked the mobile pass. What schould I do?

Greetings and thanks

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 June 2022, 22:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is information on how to book Spanish domestic trains:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105/index2.html?postid=18419#post18419

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I want to book the reservations for the seats, where it is required. But in Spain and partly in France I cant reservate the seats and it saysmthat I have to book them at the train station. The chance that the seats aren’t available anymore when I get to the train staions are pretty big. Especially because we are a group of 8.

So what shoul/could I do? How can I reservate the seats without being in Barcelona e.g.?

"At the train station” doesn't necessarily mean in Barcelona (or in Spain for that matter). As a matter of fact, Deutsche Bahn can book Spanish trains. For the rest, see the link Anna posted.

The second thing is, that there was a chance to do the reservation from Bordeaux to Boulogne online. When I got to the website it said, that they need the pass cover number (from the paper pass) but I don’t have it, because I booked the mobile pass. What schould I do?

You can request a pass cover number from customer service. It might take a while though because they're busy.

Unfortunately, DB doesn't sell reservations for French domestic trains anymore but you can call SNCF: Press #85 for English, no pass cover number needed, no booking fee, reservation is sent via e-mail.