Solved

Can't Book your reservations online

• 25 April 2023
  • 2 replies

This is my first time booking a train Eurail pass in France. When I tried to make a seat reservation for the trains that I wanted, it did not allow me to book a seat and said that one part of the train was not available. However, when I looked on www.sncf.com, it said that there were 10 seats available. This is my first time in France and I really need to get seats on these two trains as I have a presentation at beasancon at 4:00 pm. Would it be possible for you to help me with this reservation? If I go to the train station in the morning, would it be possible to make the seat reservation using machine ? or alternative options

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 25 April 2023, 08:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Check availability and book here (4€ booking fee per order, no matter how many people or trains) : https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

I'll have a look at your connections

For tomorrow you could also book at the train station but for peace of mind do it earlier if you can

Edit : I can see availability

CDG - Strasbourg 20€ 2nd class

Strasbourg - Besançon 20€ 2nd class or 18€ 1st class (with a 2nd class pass)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Btw you could also take reservation-free TER trains between Strasbourg (departure 11:21am) and Besançon-Viotte (city center) via Mulhouse and Belfort and arrive at 2:28pm

It seems better to me as you save 18-20€ + you directly arrive in the city center

Otherwise after the TGV :

Besançon TGV (middle of nowhere) - Besançon-Viotte (city center) 14:51 - 15:04 reservation-free regional train

Let me know :)