Skip to main content

Hi 

am a first timer with eurail and am really looking forward to travelling by same. I have activated a mobile pass which is valid for 4 rides, now the thing is I want to travel from Paris CDG airport to Amsterdam central, Netherlands and when I entered the date of travel and time and everything I am not able to see any trains …….how do I resolve the same.

if anyone could kindly share their experience to sort this out Pls 

The RER train from Paris CDG airport to Paris Nord is not part of Eurail Pass, but you can buy a ticket to Paris Nord station. From there you can take the Thalys high speed train directly to Amsterdam (you need for this train a reservation and this trains should be in the app).

The RER train from Paris CDG airport to Paris Nord is not part of Eurail Pass, but you can buy a ticket to Paris Nord station. From there you can take the Thalys high speed train directly to Amsterdam (you need for this train a reservation and this trains should be in the app).

Thanks a lot Angelo for your reply. Really helpful. Another quick one if you could help me out, is Thalys a part of eurail network as in Will my eurail pass cover it or it’s a different entity altogether .

TLs is the brand-name of superfast TGV-lookalike trains from Par (ev 30 mins) to Brussel-then out to AMS or Germany. There is a hefty SURcharge to use with a pass-equal to the (impossible to get at short notice) lowest promotion fare. TLS is to merge with EuroStar soon.

You CAN avoid going via Paris on RER by using a FRench TGV from station at airport to LILLE (arr station Europe_walk over to Flandres=10 mins or 1 stop by payable tiny metro, the hourly train to Antwerpen (via lovely Gent=a lookalike of Brugge), admire this station=railway cathedral, change to hourly local yellow train to Rotterdam-Amsterdam. Takes longer, brings much more sights. That non-Indian superfast you can do later.

You should in fact be entitled to a free ticket for RER by Qing up-learning FRench, and showing pass at counter, this only works TO Paris and NOT from (as that is metro/RATP and not covered).

Your pass is valid for 4 DAYs and not 4 rides-on a chosen day can do as many traintrips as possible.

BTW-AMSterdam city is currently actively DIScouraging any more tourists to come there (I have worked for them in the past, but for quite other things)

Thank you mcadv for such a detailed notation, Will do my bit Once I reach paris and if need arises I shall rather cancel my eurail pass if that doesn’t help me travel when all am looking for is convenience and comfort. 
but thanks a lot for all your help 😊

Attention, there is no longer a direct train between Lille Flandres and Antwerp, but with 1 change.

Attention, there is no longer a direct train between Lille Flandres and Antwerp, but with 1 change.

Thank you sven for the update 

I am a first time user we are traveling from NZ and wish to travel form Paris to Amsterdam  we do not have a eurail pass as this will be a  one time train ride for us as we are cycling the balance of our time in France  Cheers Graeme Wish  to use the high speed train TGV

we do not have a eurail pass as this will be a  one time train ride for us as we are cycling the balance of our time in France  Cheers Graeme Wish  to use the high speed train TGV

Then just buy a normal ticket from SNCF.