Solved

Can we not activate certain travel in the pass ? Are the trains the same price with and without the pass?

• 6 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I have the global pass so I have 7 days of travel but I would like to travel 8 days, is it possible that I don't activate one of the 8 trips in my pass? If so, are some paid trips the same price with the pass as without? The pass would then be useless on these journeys, so it would be unnecessary to use travel days for these journeys.

For instance, if on your 7 trains 3 are on the same price with and without the pass, why take a 7 travel days pass and not a 4 travel days pass completed with 3 online tickets ?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 6 May 2023, 07:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to do the calculation yourself. Calculate the cost for a travel day with the different passes and compare that with the price of normal tickets for the different routes that you want to take.

For regional trains the price of a ticket often is fixed but for other trains the tickets normally get more expensive closer to the departure. Tickets that are non-refundable are also cheaper than refundable tickets. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you post up your itinerary then one of the experts on here will be able to advise which journeys can be done cheaply with regular tickets vs pass days.