Solved

Can you board at Rotterdam if I booked for Amsterdam-London ?

• 29 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, 

I was wondering something. I booked a ticket on the 4th of july for the Amsterdam to London Eurostar. If I decide to spend a little time in Rotterdam, will it be a problem if I board the Eurostar in Rotterdam and not in Amsterdam ? 

Thank you again for your help, and have a nice day. 

Sylvain 

icon

Best answer by Hektor 29 June 2022, 12:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt @seewulf 

Hello, 

I was wondering something. I booked a ticket on the 4th of july for the Amsterdam to London Eurostar. If I decide to spend a little time in Rotterdam, will it be a problem if I board the Eurostar in Rotterdam and not in Amsterdam ? 

Thank you again for your help, and have a nice day. 

Sylvain 

Hi Sylvain,

when travelling from the continent to the UK, it’s explicitly not allowed to board at another station.

Eurostar rules are saying: “You may only board the train at the station shown on your ticket.”

So normally you’d be not alllowed to board your booked train in Rotterdam. 

Kind regards, Hektor. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Not allowed due the entire Process of Immigration that already be done before boarding the Eurostar Service. Change reservation (call Eurostar they might change it for Free) 

Understood, thank you for your help :) 

Have a nice day. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are supposed to be fairly fast trains (IC-Direct) Rtm-AMS ev 10-15 mins, BUT as for now many are cancelled, These take just 35 mins (1 stop at Schiphol airport). You have to be at checkin (far back side of AMS-take time-many have trouble finding it) 45 mins (I think) before dep. This €* runs over exact same tracks-other direction to Rtm + on.