Solved

Cannot Book First Class on TGV Lyria

• 25 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

Trying to book seat reservations for the TGV Lyria from Geneva to Paris on 1 Jan with my Eurail first class pass, but after logging in to my account, it only lets me select second class. However, I see first class as an option on the Eurail website when not logged in. Would appreciate the help in getting a first class seat reservation.

icon

Best answer by Al_G 25 October 2022, 06:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

What is shown without logging in is not correct and best ignored.

I cannot get any train on this route to show 1st class reservations from November onwards which suggests something other than sold out being the cause.

The reservations, especially in 1st class on the direct Switzerland - France TGV are ridiculously high, €59 on this route.

By taking reservation free regional trains to one of a few stations in France and a TGV from there it will cost you €20 or sometimes €10, obviously the journey time is longer.

What is shown without logging in is not correct and best ignored.

I cannot get any train on this route to show 1st class reservations from November onwards which suggests something other than sold out being the cause.

The reservations, especially in 1st class on the direct Switzerland - France TGV are ridiculously high, €59 on this route.

By taking reservation free regional trains to one of a few stations in France and a TGV from there it will cost you €20 or sometimes €10, obviously the journey time is longer.

Is it best to assume that 1st class reservations won’t be available at all, even if I wait a bit longer?

I’d prefer taking the TGV Lyria without needing to change trains, even though it may cost more, because of the public holiday. Open to alternatives but not sure what my options are.