Change seat reservation due to other station in Venice- non refundable. Can I exchange at the station?

I made seat reservation from Venice to Florence.  I booked the wrong station in Venice and need to change from Mestre to Venezia Santa Lucia.  It shows it is non-refundable.  Is there a way to just do a exchange to the other station without loosing my 66euros? 

Sonal

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I wouldn't bother. Price is the same and even if you were checked (small chance to be checked between Santa Lucia and Mestre) I doubt if anyone would see that as a problem.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I made seat reservation from Venice to Florence.  I booked the wrong station in Venice and need to change from Mestre to Venezia Santa Lucia.  It shows it is non-refundable.  Is there a way to just do a exchange to the other station without loosing my 66euros? 

Sonal

May I ask through which website you made the reservation?

The reservation was made through eurail.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Does the train start even in S.Lucia?? Because this 66€ reservation sounds like a nighttrain, and the nighttrain stops only in Mestre. But you can take frequent regional and regionale veloce services without reservations between Venice S. Lucia and Venice Mestre. 

Its a daytime train.  66euros for 5 persons for seat reservations. 

10:26
VENEZIA S. LUCIA (Italy)
2h 13m
FR 9413
FRECCIAROSSA

Seat reservations required
12:39
FIRENZE S.M.N. (Italy)