Change seat reservation due to other station in Venice- non refundable. Can I exchange at the station?

I made seat reservation from Venice to Florence.  I booked the wrong station in Venice and need to change from Mestre to Venezia Santa Lucia.  It shows it is non-refundable.  Is there a way to just do a exchange to the other station without loosing my 66euros? 

Sonal

5 replies

Its a daytime train.  66euros for 5 persons for seat reservations. 

10:26
VENEZIA S. LUCIA (Italy)
2h 13m
FR 9413
FRECCIAROSSA

Seat reservations required
12:39
FIRENZE S.M.N. (Italy)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Does the train start even in S.Lucia?? Because this 66€ reservation sounds like a nighttrain, and the nighttrain stops only in Mestre. But you can take frequent regional and regionale veloce services without reservations between Venice S. Lucia and Venice Mestre. 

The reservation was made through eurail.com

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I made seat reservation from Venice to Florence.  I booked the wrong station in Venice and need to change from Mestre to Venezia Santa Lucia.  It shows it is non-refundable.  Is there a way to just do a exchange to the other station without loosing my 66euros? 

Sonal

May I ask through which website you made the reservation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I wouldn't bother. Price is the same and even if you were checked (small chance to be checked between Santa Lucia and Mestre) I doubt if anyone would see that as a problem.