Solved

Changing the train station in Paris. How long is the transfer time?

Hey guys,

currently I am planing my trip. I want to travel from Bordeaux to Boulogne-sur-Mer. The Rail Planner App says that I have to switch the train station in Paris by transferring with the public transport.

But I don’t know how long it would take to transfer and how many time I have left until the next train is coming.

is there a possibility to find that out?

Greetings

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 June 2022, 02:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The planner takes the time needed into account. It should normally be an hour or more. Check a Paris metro map (e.g. here) to see how to get around. From Paris Montparnasse to Paris Nord, you can take metro 4 from Montparnasse Bienvenüe in northern direction. Metro tickets are normally available at the TGV bar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is a VERY long walk to metro there-you can go other way for shorter wlak-and change to RER.

SNCF always uses at least 1 hr for the transits.

Do NOT buy tix from TGV-bar-they often are out of date. Just buy 1 (1,90) from the very few remaining paper ticket dispensers in metro-hall-keep till end, in Nord you often have to also pass gate with it to go out. RATP intends to scrap these old style tickets since a long time and this may happen very soon now.

IF you have not yet booked anything-find a direct TGV Brd-AMIENS or even LILLe-and change there=same station (or in LIlle may be not, but short walk)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do NOT buy tix from TGV-bar-they often are out of date.

Never heard any complaints about that. At most that they were sold out.