Solved

Confused between "details unavailable" and "prices temporarily unavailable"

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get from Paris to Annecy on the 9th of July. I am a bit confused because for some trips it is mentioned that seat reservation information isn’t availbale.

And some trips it is mentioned that seat reservation is required however prices are temporary unavailable.

And sometime it is a mix of both.

Can someone please help me understand the difference between each? Does this mean that all seats are booked already?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 2 July 2022, 16:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You have to look on the train category. TGV = high speed train and need a reservation. You can book via Call Center of SNCF (press #85 for english), SNCB/NMBS or SBB CFF FFS. You will get a e-reservation by email. You can book also online via B-Europe but you need a paper pass cover number (request it via Message on Social Media of Eurail.com) 

TER = local train. Normally TER services in France do not need a reservation. But there are some TER trains to Normandie with compulsory reservation that you can get only in France at Ticket desk of SNCF. Some others start yesterday to not accept Eurail/Interrail, but the thing is not 100% sure yet. It is a bit complicated in France. 

@rvdborgt the TER services to Lyon do not need a reservation? Am I thinking right?

@Angelo thanks for the explanation. 
Took me some patience and was finally able to book a seat through the eurail website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Correct, TER services from/to Lyon don't need a reservation.