Skip to main content

Hi

I am planning my first Interrail adventure. My first journey is from Sweden to the very north of Germany and is with 5 connections, mostly with short  transfer. The risk of missing a connection is therefore present.

When I connect a journey to my Interrail pass (not bought or validated yet) will the ticket be valid for the all connections or do I get separate tickets for each part?

Regards
Robert

PS: I will be using the App, no paper.

Your Interrail pass is your ticket.

When you miss a connection, one of your options is to use the next connection that gets you to your destination; and this must be without any extra costs (EU regulation 1371/2007, article 16). With a mobile Interrail pass, you can just change your journey: delete the train(s) you missed and add new ones. If the new connection includes a train with mandatory reservation, then talk to railway staff. They should let you on it without extra costs, as long as there are seats available.

As for now the only country where REServ is mandatory on this 1st trip is SJ in your home SE. In summer (but not for now) the direct IC trains Köpenhamn-Hamburg must be reserved.

Also note-as SE/DK are without these things now, that IN DE the wearing of masks-and even a prescribed special type!-is mandatory. You will also still need to have the QR-code you have been vaccinated to stay in HTL or even enter most restrt. there.

As a broad rule delays on ICE trains In DE are very common, the more the later in the day and at the end of their often very long trips. In SE+DK it is not generally much of a problem.