Solved

construction works Brenner activating pass problems

• 7 August 2023
  • 8 replies

I am Italian, and I'm traveling from Verona to Munich with a German pass, since there are construction works on the rail system at the border, I will need to take a substitute bus to go from Trento to Innsbruck. when I try to activate my trip it says that part of it is not included in the pass, while the bus is operated by OBB and it is, infact just a substitution of the usual Eurocity. as a result my trip is active only from Innsbruck.

anyone had the same issue? How should I do?

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 7 August 2023, 09:49

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

When are you travelling?

Is your app updated to the latest version? Cause this rail replacement busses don’t give any issues with my rail planner app.

If you’re unable to update atm, you can always add a train (=here substitute bus) manually. Scroll down in your planner in the rail planner app, until you see a blue ledger “Can’t find your journey? Add it manually to your Pass”

Tap it, and fill out the details of the rail replacement bus you’re planning to take.

I'm traveling today, I tried to add it manually but still doesn't allow me to activate the trip.. I will try to update the app to see if something changes, Thanks!!

No change, it allows me to book for busses, but, when I try to buy, it says that "is not available for some travelers". 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

The German pass should be valid for the EC trains, and hence the substitution busses.

Maybe it’s because you have a change an Innsbruck. Try to add it manually but in one go from Trento to München with the times?

@Mukhammad@Camilo.any idea what could be wrong with this? Might be an issue worth flagging to the technical teams.

Ok, searching with "only direct trains" it didn't show me any possibility, but then when I added manually from this last research it worked and the trip was activated successfully! thanks a lot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Ok, searching with "only direct trains" it didn't show me any possibility, but then when I added manually from this last research it worked and the trip was activated successfully! thanks a lot!

Good, enjoy the rest of your trip!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @sirin @BrendanDB, I'm glad that it worked for you after adding the journey manually.

If there is any journey shown incorrect in the Planner or the reservation page, please let our customer service team know about it via https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new. With the compilation of all incorrect data on their database, it will be more sufficient for the relevant team to work on it. Thank you!