Solved

Copenhagen to Osnabrück

• 11 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi Community. I am travelling across Europe with my wife and 3 kids this summer and we are still trying to full understand the reservation and booking challenges. Thank you all so far for all the information been made available. I have however come up against a problem. We have been trying to book the reservation for travel from Copenhagen to Osnabrück to the 9th of July. When I tried with 5 though OBB is didn’t work but for whatever reason it worked with 4+1 through separate bookings. However when I look at the ticket it only shows reservations for the Hamburg to Osnabrück part of the journey. Is there anyway to confirm if we actually have a booking for the 1st leg? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,

David

icon

Best answer by Angelo 11 May 2023, 11:27

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

https://travel.b-europe.com/dsb-rail/en/reservation-only#TravelWish

Use this website for Copenhagen - Hamburg. This route is extremely popular so book it well in advance, otherwise you'll stand

ÖBB can't book Copenhagen - Hamburg AFAIK

Thanks for that link. Unfortunately it does like all reservations are gone. Would I still be able to board and stand?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for that link. Unfortunately it does like all reservations are gone. Would I still be able to bored and stand?

What is your departure time from Copenhagen?

We were looking to depart on the 11:05 but we are flexible...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi I’m not sure if reservations are opened yet for this route, because they plan or better they should since some weeks run this route with other trains that have more carriages. But they have still to wait the approval by danish authorities. 

With the “new” train, maybe also the compulsory reservation in Summer may be history on this route. If there is no compulsory reservation on a train you can also stand without a seat. 

Maybe @rvdborgt knows more about it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It could very well be that reservations are not open yet. I tried this train and I could book on 11 June but not on any later Sundays. The homologation of the additional rolling stock is still not done so maybe they don't open the reservations a long time in advance.