Solved

Delay compensation completed Interrail website

• 25 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I have filled in everything nicely via the following link .

Does anyone know if you will automatically receive an email from interrail to confirm that your application has arrived?
Because I have not yet received a confirmation email, and we are already 2 hours further.

I'm a little worried that my application hasn't arrived after all. So it would be nice if someone from Interrail itself could help me with this.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 25 September 2022, 13:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You will not receive any confirmation of your delay compensation request, but I know from personal experience that it works. For me it took some weeks to get the compensation I was entitled to. 

As only compensation over a certain amount is paid it is best to wait until you have finished the whole trip before you request the delay compensation as you then can request compensation for all delayed trains at the same time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hidden somewhere-but with some patiece can find it-is also a list to what you are entitled to-this is based on the cost/day of the pass you use-and there is also a lower limit of 4€-if it is below that sum, no money back-except if you have managed to have a few of those and combine them

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

There used to be a “Thank you” screen after submitting the delay compensation request and we are currently looking into implementing it again. As a side note I can confirm that we have received your claim in good order and will process it asap ;)

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

There used to be a “Thank you” screen after submitting the delay compensation request and we are currently looking into implementing it again. As a side note I can confirm that we have received your claim in good order and will process it asap ;)

Thank you for your response.

I understand that you say you have received my message.
I would like to know for sure whether you are talking about the message, with the DB Bahn train that was canceled between Cologne - Brussels on September 1?