Solved

Delayed train and follwing train

• 8 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello. So I’m traveling with a night train but the night train is delayed and I can’t catch my following train. So this is my last inbound trip and the following train is in my home country. So technically I don’t have the chance to take a train which comes later because I used my travel day in combination with that night train. What can I do?

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 10 September 2022, 07:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Without PRECISE details impossibel to say. NightJet are very well known for always being late next morning. BUT: my logical reasoning is you had to take a new train anyway that morning to get home-so you needed another passday  anyway-and then you just take a later train to reach home?

OR-if its Germany again-go to Helpc-ounter they have in any big BHF-and ask for advice and perhaps ´Gutschreiben´. Perhaps they then also ask why you did not buy the pass at DB/!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For which day did you use your inboard travel day? For yesterday or for today? 

What route are you travelling with the night train? What was the departure time and what was the scheduled arrival time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You have the right to take the next available connection without extra costs. This means using no extra travel days. Speak to the staff in the train or on the station.

But some more details would be helpful. Taking a new train after the night train already uses an extra travel day and it should make no difference for an inbound journey to take a later connecting train.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

You can apply for Delay Compensation using this form. Please be sure to include all additional costs that you might have incurred due to this (extra full fare tickets, missed reservation fees, etc) so that our team can evaluate it accurately.