Skip to main content

Hi, I’ve booked all my hostels and trains up for this summer. One of my connections between Amsterdam and Berlin involved getting a train from Amsterdam to Duisburg HBF (which I have booked) and a train from Duisburg HBF into Berlin HBF (which didn’t need a seat reservation). I’ve just reconfirmed my route and the train from Duisburg to Berlin is now saying ‘Duisburg HBF has been omitted’ and I’m unable to reserve a seat. I’ve attatched a screenshot below so people can see what I mean, for reference it’s the 23:54 from Duisburg , on the 29th July 2024. No other trains in the route have Duisburg omitted.

I’m just wondering if anyone’s seen this before and if there’s any way I can find out whether or not the route will be replaced, I’ve contacted deutsche bahn but in my experience they can be very slow to reply. My plan is fairly dependant on this connection so if I can’t get this train I will need to look at other alternatives asap.

Many thanks

Yes there are works in Duisburg and the train will be diverted. Timetables should be updated in the coming weeks, incl. the alternative stops.