Solved

Do I need to make reservations in Montenegro or Serbia?

Hi! Are seat reservations required on the trains within Montenegro or within Serbia?

As it is not possible to reserve online in advance I am wondering whether I only can jump on a train or I need to make the reservation. Also, how much do the reservations cost if they are required?

icon

Best answer by seewulf 6 June 2022, 16:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi! Are seat reservations required on the trains within Montenegro or within Serbia?

As it is not possible to reserve online in advance I am wondering whether I only can jump on a train or I need to make the reservation. Also, how much do the reservations cost if they are required?

REgionaltrains doesnt need a reservations
Fast Trains like Intercity or Nighttrains need a reservation
Reservations are from 1€ for domestic journey on daytime via 3€ International daytime reservation up to 40€ for a sleeper reservation.

Serbia & Montenegro is difficult to reserve in advance :/ Many years Mr. Popvic was the only option but i heard nothing from him since few months so iam not sure if he is still active :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Serbia & Montenegro is difficult to reserve in advance :/ Many years Mr. Popvic was the only option but i heard nothing from him since few months so iam not sure if he is still active :/

I believe I recently read about him again on DSO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are hardly ANY trains INside these 2 countries-most are cancelled. There is 1 connection between the 2 left-overnight and only summertime by day-said to be a very scenic route-this is about the only train you really MUST reserve-and in hi-summer it seems to be in demand. It is also the only 1 train going even over border to these 2 countries. So using a pass there hardly makes sense.

Also note the old central station in Bgrad is no more-train go from a bleak suburban stop without even a decent bus/.tram going there.

Somehow I recall that this mr (who had a kind of business doing special train requests for foreignrs) is now in pension but if its worth it he still can organise something-you make a date when to meet him+pay etc.