Skip to main content

I tried to make a reservation for a journey on Eurostar.  They tell you that you get a confirmation email within 30 minutes.  This happened when I made my outbound reservation.  This time it did not.  Which is why, after one hour +, I thought it  had not worked for some reason, and I tried again.

By pure chance, I found a page called “reservations overview” (or something similar) and found that I had made two reservations for the same train in my name.  I also found that I could not get a refund !  And after several hours, I still have not got a confirmation email with a ticket which I can print out (and which I need !), and I cannot even find the reservations page again in the mobile pass …  I am close to tears because the b… thing is so impossible to navigate.  I have wasted hours trying to get back to pages, when I have found that  I am being sent around in circles to multiple pages offering me answers to questions I did not ask but not touching upon the problems I am trying to solve.  I thought that the Interrail ticket was a good thing (I used it in the 1970s), but what I find are the worst items in my vocabulary - which I dare not put into writing ...

Reservations do not show up in the app. They're separate from it. The app is a replacement of the paper pass (which you can still buy, also from the Deutsche Bahn ticket office), but not of the reservations.

As to the double reservation: please contact customer service and explain why you'd like a refund for one of your reservations.

Thank you, rvdborgt, for your timely reply !  I have contacted Customer Service already (I think), but the problem that remains (and which led to the double booking in the first place) is that I did not receive a confirmation by email and I cannot find anywhere else with a reservation to print out, but I need a print-out because (as you point out) the app does not replace the reservation, which requires paper ...

You should be able to download the reservation from the Reservations Overview. Doesn't that work?

Yes, I noticed that when I happened to find myself on that page - but I cannot find my way back there now (the Reservations Overview) - how do I get there ?

Lost, but hopeful,

Daisy

Yes, I noticed that when I happened to find myself on that page - but I cannot find my way back there now (the Reservations Overview) - how do I get there ?

At the top right on interrail.eu, there should be an icon:

If you click on it, then you have a menu with some options, among them the reservations overview. It could be that you need to log in first.

Thank you indeed !  I still find it most confusing that you have to change around between the app and the website, and why you cannot have the reservations in the app I utterly fail to understand.  What makes it more confusing is that you can go to reservations from the app, but don’t return once you have made a reservation.  There is certainly room for improvement here !