Solved

Eurostar London - Amsterdam as a french citizen

• 16 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Hey, my travel buddy is french and eventually, we end up in London and want to take the Eurostar to Amsterdam. Even though it´s a direct train we inevitably travel through France. Does it count as an inbound or even in- and outbound journey for her, although the final destination is Amsterdam and not any french city?

Cheers, Marius

icon

Best answer by mcadv 16 August 2022, 13:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I suspect it will be classed as an I/O journey as it has a stop in Lille.

You can always test by activating your friend’s pass and adding the journey to it. .If the app sees it as an I/O day it will prompt you to accept it or advise you that no I/O days available. 

Then of course you simply delete it and deactivate the pass, unless you are already travelling of course, when you simply reject it and delete the travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The stop yes/no has not even to do with- it YES it will be counted in the 2-day allowance for home trips. As has been testified by very angry Frenchmen a few times-they thought to be clever and start from BRU to avoid this. It is about strict geografical areas-not stops.

BTW-right now sitting in an overcrowded St. Pancras to await my turn to join the Q for all the checks for the other way. Just started a new pass here in GB and this was not an overly big success.

Damn, that´s unfortunate but i guess nothing we can do about it. Thanks for your answers :)

Hey again, for the I/O journeys, can i also do two outbound ones / two inbound ones or is it only valid for one inbound and one outbound journey. 

Also, is the pass deactivated as soon as I used my two I/O journeys?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey again, for the I/O journeys, can i also do two outbound ones / two inbound ones or is it only valid for one inbound and one outbound journey. 

Also, is the pass deactivated as soon as I used my two I/O journeys?

With a Global Pass you have a maximum of two travel days in your country of residence that you can use whenever you like during the validity of the pass. Using your I/O journeys will not deactivate your pass.