Solved

Eurostar missing 9044 train on 31 March 2023

• 14 March 2023
  • 8 replies

We booked 5 Eurostar passholder reservations on the 9044 train departing London at 17:31 on 31 March 2023. 

That train no longer appears in the app OR the Eurostar website timetable?

Is the train no longer running?

No one has been in touch to explain or propose an alternative booking.  Do we need to sort that ourselves?

can we get the original non refundable reservation fee refunded for a non existent train?

Am I best to contact Eurail or Eurostar to resolve?

thank you!

icon

Best answer by Schelte 14 March 2023, 09:57

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Check your booking by logging in with your Eurostar booking reference (should appear on your reservation) on eurostar.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you still want to travel, they'll have to rebook you on another train without any extra costs, and any pass holder quota are irrelevant for that. I believe you should be able to do that via Manage Booking on the Eurostar website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Is it as simple as that train is fully booked? 

I find it strange that a train where bookings have been taken is withdrawn without notifying reservation holders.

I find it strange that a train where bookings have been taken is withdrawn without notifying reservation holders.

Yes we had confirmed reservations. This is what surprised me. No notification. Have now rebooked on the only train available 8pm. Which will be tough with small kids :-(

If you still want to travel, they'll have to rebook you on another train without any extra costs, and any pass holder quota are irrelevant for that. I believe you should be able to do that via Manage Booking on the Eurostar website.

Thank you this worked. Though on a much later train. 

Check your booking by logging in with your Eurostar booking reference (should appear on your reservation) on eurostar.com

Thank you this worked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t think so. A fully-booked train should show up in the search results as ‘not available’ I think. Different route and date, but see here:

It’s possible that it’s removed from sale but not cancelled. Sometimes they do that around disruption or strikes.

What does your reservation look like if you try viewing it on the Eurostar website @Thomas14 ?

I don’t think so. A fully-booked train should show up in the search results as ‘not available’ I think. Different route and date, but see here:

It’s possible that it’s removed from sale but not cancelled. Sometimes they do that around disruption or strikes.

What does your reservation look like if you try viewing it on the Eurostar website @Thomas14 ?

So two hours ago I revived the cancellation notification. Perhaps it just happened today and I just happened to check before they got the note out. 

Not all the trains are showing available though - it seems they are making me take one where there are still pass holder reservations available. it’s not great but not the end of the world. We’re on the 8pm - a little late for my 5 year old. The 6pm would be better though. I might ask customer services if they would accommodate the shift.