Eurostar reservation exchange T & Cs

• 14 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have just been checking my E* reservation (Bru - Lon) for later this month and noticed that it is exchangeable before departure for a small fee. I had assumed it was non-exchangeable.

So I now assume that means if I am travelling and running late I could change to a later train.

Has anybody experienced this and know how to do it?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

AFAIK this is now a feature-for the time being-of about all €* bookings-it should (in theory, as it of course will also depend on the other train having seats open and also in the small quota for passholders) be possible via the €* site-there is a special button for it. after writing the PNR code.

FROM BRU-as has been explained here much more as once; due to often cancel of ICE from DE the staff in BRU are since many monthes very well used to people not turning up at right time but later and are also very well used to try to accomodate them on later trains. Plus they get advance notice about it as soon as known. There are usually a few dozen such people making this change

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You are correct - E* is currently offering retail pass buyers a free exchange up to 7 days before travel (with any extra if a more expensive train). Less than 7 days there is a £30/£40 (std/Prem) fee plus difference.

The ticket I have surprised me that the terms seem better in that I can change (voluntarily) up to departure time for £15 / 20 Euro if I change my travel plans, when I thought they were non-exchangeable.

If my travels are disrupted on the way I would expect a free transfer, but it is nice to know that some of my reservation fee would not be lost.

Of course there would be no difference in fare as my IR pass is good for any train once I have the reservation.

Badge

The eurostar £15 change of date fee on interrail reservations is excessive, attempted to change reservations last month but the eurostar booking system did not offer a free change of date even though the reservations were out with the 7 day cut off point.