Solved

Eurostar seat reservation

• 16 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello

I am trying to book seats on Eurostar on Oct 29 from London to Paris. I see a message saying most seats are sold out for pass holders and that people should use ferry as an alternative. But when I click on buy seats, it is allowing to pay for the seats.

What does this mean? Can I still purchase seats or I should not book?

Pls suggest

Thanks

Satbeer

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 16 September 2022, 23:05

View original

5 replies

Just found some information. There is a website B europe on which I checked for availability after adding my eurail pass as discount pass - and it is showing me seats. Should I buy from here ?

Sorry I havent used these before so want to ensure I am not doing a mistake.

Thanks

Satbeer

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

B-europe is a good place to buy pass holder seats for the Eurostar. You need a Pass Cover Number to make the reservation.

If you have a mobile pass  you can generate your PCN  here:

https://community.eurail.com/news-and-announcements-39/pass-cover-number-generator-is-live-5653

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ignore the message on Interrail re ferries - it relates to the summer rush where  reservations were difficult to find.

You can reserve any available train with confidence from either site, but B europe is slightly cheaper.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can reserve any available train with confidence from either site, but B europe is slightly cheaper.

That actually depends on how  many reservations you do in one go. Eurail/Interrail have a 2€ fee per seat and train. B-Europe have a fixed 4€ fee per order; an order can be a single journey for 1 person but also a return journey for max. 9.

Thanks so much for your help!!!