Solved

Ferry / Days counted

Hello !

I wonder whether or not a travel in ferry is counted as “ a day” with a “10 days in 2 months” global Interrail Pass ? For instance, if we are in Bari (Italy) on July 13th and we go on Patras (Greece) on July 15th with no additional train this day, do we still have one day less due to this ferry trip?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help !

Sophie

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 6 July 2022, 12:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Discounts for ferries do not require you to use a travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you on a day (00.00-23.59 CET) only travel by train/ferry where the pass gives you a discount less than 100% and not a free ticket (100% discount), then that is not a travel day.

Journeys on such days should not be connected to your pass.

Hello

Thanks a lot and sorry i still have a doubt

Could you please enlighten me

I am in Bari and i paid a ferry journey (52€) for Bari-Patras on Wednesday, and they specify in the confirmation email "if you have an Interrail pass, you should also have your valid train ticket (e.g. Interrail Greek Island pass)

So i still don't get if i should use a travel day, or not ?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Sophie

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you bought a ferry ticket with a discount offered for interrail then yes, they may ask to see your pass. The rule is you need a pass valid for the period in which the ferry trip is taken but you do not have to use a day on your pass.

Only the free trips with the specifically named “Greek Island Pass” are different and require use of a day/journey.

many thanks for your help !

all the best, 

Sophie