Skip to main content

Hello! I would like to know if there is a possibility to book seat reservations on the same day of the departure from the train station rather than buying them online. My friends and I already booked seat reservations from Innsbruck to Rome but we don’t have them from Warsaw to Innsbruck because they were selling only paper tickets (the delivery time was too long). Thank you for your help in advance!

Could you please mention route, date and departure time of the trains you would like to book? Solutions for reservations depend a lot on the exact trains.

We would like to book a train from Warsaw to Innsbruck Hbf on 30th of June and it is important to be there before 1st of July at around 11am.

It is a long journey but totally doable :

- Warsawa Centralna (or another Warsaw station) - Wien Hbf 06:19 - 13:49 3€ through tickets.oebb.at

- Wien Hbf - Innsbruck Hbf 14:28 - 18:44 3€ through ÖBB too (optional but recommended)

There's also a night train if you'd like (short night though). Only one pass day used.

- Warsawa Gdanska - Wien Hbf 14:11 - 21:49 3€ through tickets.oebb.at

- Wien Hbf - Innsbruck Hbf 22:55 - 05:19 26€ for a couchette through nightjet.com, saving a night accommodation

The third option is a mix of the two, you leave Warsaw early and spend a few hours in Vienna before catching a later train (every hour) or the night train

Oh thank you but are there options if we are going to arrive to Warsawa only at 3 pm because we are taking the bus before then from Vilnius? I just found trains from Warsawa 8:10 pm to Breclav at 4:10 am and after that from Breclav 4:27 to Innsbruck hbf 10:44 am. However I was wondering if this ticket platform provides e-tickets with this route because like I mentioned we dont have time for them to ship paper tickets to Vilnius?

All tickets issued via tickets.oebb.at are digital (can be loaded in the app in Austria, or you get them as a pdf file)

Despite that, you’re schedule is going to be very ambitious, with very tight connections (two times +/- 15 min), with one in the middle of the night and on a very long distance. This is rather risky. If not, very risky. If I were you, I’lld rebook some of your trains or take an earlier bus, to create more buffer in case of delays.

If I understand correctly

Arrival in Warsaw 30/06 at 15h00, by bus? Leaving Warsaw 30/06 at 20h10

Arrival Breclav 4:10, leaving 4:27 to Innsbruck (arrival 10h44)

In Innsbruck, a train to Italy at something 11. Is it the 11h24 to Bologna/Rimini?

There is a reason why we always ask for details. The more details, the better the answers are and less of everybody's time is wasted.

As said, please give details.

I wouldn't try all these connections, especially the 17 min change in Breclav is almost impossible as night trains are often delayed.

Here's what I'd do so you can get a bit better night sleep :

- EN Warsawa Centralna - Wien Hbf 19:31 - 07:00 8.80€ seat

- RJX Wien Hbf - Innsbruck Hbf 08:28 - 12:44 3€ optional seat reservation

- either EC Innsbruck Hbf - Verona Porta Nuova 13:24 - 16:58 10€ surcharge + 3€ optional seat reservation (very much recommended) OR

- free regional trains with a connection in Brennero