Frecce reservations now €13

• 7 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It looks like Trenitalia have increased the price of Frecce reservations from €10 to €13. ÖBB now mention €13 for most Frecce, although some (still?) appear for €10.

Italiarail still show €10, but if you then you continue to book, it will change to €13. Seat61 has also changed the price to €13 on most of the pages, so I guess it has really changed.

Intercity reservations in Italy seem to remain at €3.

EC reservations from/to Switzerland seem to remain at €11/€13.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

What price does Interrail show? (-2€ fee)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What price does Interrail show? (-2€ fee)

Good point: it also shows the new price, €13 + €2 fee.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

:/

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I will ask the price at my next Trenitalia trains station soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Seat61 says it is from June on the case. As other operator continuously increased the reservation prices in recent years, no wonder that Trenitalia also does it „finally“… unfortunately. 

Seat61 says it is from June on the case. As other operator continuously increased the reservation prices in recent years, no wonder that Trenitalia also does it „finally“… unfortunately. 

MartinM, who else has (“continuously” or not)  increased reservation fees in recent years?  The only one I can think of is the DB-SNCF high speed service, which has kind of gone up to €16, but even that’s unclear because sometimes it’s still €13.   Please clarify.  Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

MartinM, who else has (“continuously” or not)  increased reservation fees in recent years?  The only one I can think of is the DB-SNCF high speed service, which has kind of gone up to €16, but even that’s unclear because sometimes it’s still €13.

AFAIK it's €17 now, or do DB still sell them for €16? Where can they still be bought for €13?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

MartinM, who else has (“continuously” or not)  increased reservation fees in recent years?  The only one I can think of is the DB-SNCF high speed service, which has kind of gone up to €16, but even that’s unclear because sometimes it’s still €13.   Please clarify.  Thanks. 

Exactly that services I meant.
Beside also the reservations for nighttrains increased. In the beginning of nightjet you paid 4 euro, now a seat is 14 euro. For CNL it was also 4 euro for many years.
Also the TGVs between France and Switzerland increased a lot. I paid 9 euro in 2012. Now it is maybe 37 or so? (TGV Paris-Zürich)

Also the domestic TGVs were previously a lot cheaper (although quota limited) - they were only 6 euro. Now between 10 and 20. With the abo forfait trick you could even get them for 1,5 euro…

That’s what came to my mind quickly, so this list might be incomplete.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

MartinM, who else has (“continuously” or not)  increased reservation fees in recent years?  The only one I can think of is the DB-SNCF high speed service, which has kind of gone up to €16, but even that’s unclear because sometimes it’s still €13.

AFAIK it's €17 now, or do DB still sell them for €16? Where can they still be bought for €13?

My brother booked today a reservation for the ICE to Paris in Stuttgart for 17€, so I suppose it is now everywhere 17€.