Solved

Full price on SJ Nighttrain Hamburg-Stockholm

• 26 September 2022
  • 48 replies

Show first post

48 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Are the construction works continuing in June? I was hoping to get the EuroNight Hamburg to Stockholm departing on Monday 12th June. To get around the problem of the SJ.se website being down, you can download the SJ app and that works. However for this train it says “Track works” so I guess there is no hope of it running?

The timetable just isn’t final yet. I just read in another thread that they try to open reservations by mid-May. So check regularly.

Thanks, it’s a bit annoying because I was planning to get the Eurostar that morning and seat reservations for some of those seem to be selling out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Book Eurostar ASAP yeah, I wouldn't wait. The SJ night train should run and last solution there is the Snalltaget night train to Malmö at 23:35. Of course you'd need a second pass day to Stockholm or buy a regular ticket

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@juliadbau @Sharon Bishop 

SJ has today released the tickets/reservations for the SJ Euronight until the 30th of September. From the 31st of March the train from Stockholm will continue to Berlin and from the 1st of April the train to Stockholm will start in Berlin.

Please check the arrival/departure station in Berlin as that will be different on different days of the week.

Reservations are best made at sj.se The price for a berth in a couchette should be 385 SEK and in a sleeper 830 SEK. 

Wow thanks so much. I am planning to go the first week of October so I hope it's still running then! As trying to go Stockholm to Berlin!

Do they even have private or 6 person berths?  From reading this thread, it sounded like Denmark hadn’t approved those train cars.  I’m looking to travel June 29:  Hamburg to Stockholm

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do they even have private or 6 person berths?  From reading this thread, it sounded like Denmark hadn’t approved those train cars.  I’m looking to travel June 29:  Hamburg to Stockholm

@gmpete 

All train cars are approved now and the train runs with seats, couchettes and sleepers, both 1st and 2nd class.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Which date and departure time would you like to book?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you so much Anna B for this information: very helpful and I shall book my train as soon as possible!

Userlevel 1
Badge

that works!  but sorry, another question:  the night train from Narvik to Stockholm is still showing “not available” for the end of May. Is that one not open for booking yet? 

thanks again for all your great help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are lots of problems with the reservation of this train on the SJ site. You can try the ÖBB site which normally works better for that train. However, SJ has blocked the sell of reservations/tickets for most departures due to problems with the coaches.

Right now the train only has couchettes and neither sleeper nor seats as there are problems for SJ to get the coaches approved to travel through Denmark.

Noone knows when the problem will be solved so the only thing to do is to keep checking if reservations are available. 

There has also been problems to get the correct price for reservations if you travel with Interrail/Eurail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are now 2 different ones;

Snalltaget is a priv company, does not run ev. day and goes on to Berlin-and sometimes Dresden or in winter the ski/alps. They accept passes with quite a high supplmt, but as I also checked myself for about 2 weeks ago it indeed seems they would not allow/dispose any free seats/beds.

SJ has started to run a daily overnite STO-via Malmo-Köpenhamn to HH=Hamburg, since early sept. but they had probs with some cars and now only the couchette runs, not the seats or real sleepers-seems to have to do with regulations in the tunnel. But I read they have also stopped accepting RE for now-current situation a bit unclear, perhaps anna b fra Sverige knows more.

IF you really want to do this trip and do not mind less comfort: in the late aftern. X2000 to Malmö-oresundt to Cph-overnite seats only DSB-IC till whatever you fancy on the Aarhus line-change somewhere on the earliest IC to Hamburg from there (Fredericia or Kolding-or other if that gives better waiting times in the early morning). READ alt overview for RES on howodo-in fact only SJ is mandatory for this (65SEK). The overngiht DSB-seats only CPH-HH has stopped running for now-its summer only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yeah, seems that it is not yet open for booking… still 4 months until then… so no worries)

I would like to travel on 12th october. I have had some screenshots to describe better the situation.

Trip Planner
Interrail booking page
sj.se booking page on the same date for the same train. The price is the same with or without Interrail pass

Userlevel 1
Badge

ah, okay, thanks for fast reply!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

that works!  but sorry, another question:  the night train from Narvik to Stockholm is still showing “not available” for the end of May. Is that one not open for booking yet? 

thanks again for all your great help.

I have asked VY, who run the train, and reservations normally start 90 days in advance, but it can be later due to lack of information about construction works. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

i”ll start checking on the right date then. Its really helpful having this community: thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

With regard to the night trains - is there a way to choose which couchette berth has been allocated? I have booked now (thanks to guidance from here!)  from Stockholm to Hamburg,  but have no idea which couchette berth I have and would rather have a bottom one.  Does anyone have information on how to do this?  Thank you again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I see the same effect on the ÖBB website. With or without Interrail the price is €129.90.

I'd ask SJ (via social media) why they’re not showing any pass holder reservations.

I will also like to hear any updates. We have had the same issue as we’re waiting to book tickets before Christmas and in the new year between Hamburg & Stockholm. If you check ÖBB you can reserve with the interrail discount until the 10th December. But ÖBB doesn’t currently show any of the Euronight trains between Stockholm & Hamburg on its system after the 10th December. Is anyone aware of when ÖBB will display these? I’ll try and get a hold of their customer service to find out, but I have a feeling they would refer me to SJ and then SJ will state that they’re trying to fix their system.

ÖBB will no longer sell tickets to this train as I've understood it, the booking of tickets have been moved from ÖBB system to SJ own system. 

There is another way to book a night train from Hamburg to Stockholm ? The sj.se is down since few days. Regarding this topic it’s the only one known to book that trip :(

Thanks a lot

The booking of the trip Hamburg Stockohlm doesnt work for me for friday. I contacted the support, finger crossed… I’ll try the VPN method.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer !