Solved

Fully booked train, is alternative bus refundable? Norway

• 14 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

I am traveling through Norway. And currently in Trondheim and want to go to andalsness. 

Although reserving the trains were not possible in the interrail app. So we went to the station to ask but the train till next week were all fully booked. So now we are stuck in Trondheim without a place to stay. 

We are planning to take a bus but this one is not included with the pass, could we still get this refunded. Because it's kind of due to errors of interrail. 

Side note: we know about the new feature of booking with interrail on entur.no. But this actually doesn't work because it gives an error and tells you to call or chat. So we couldn't book anything in advance 

icon

Best answer by seewulf 14 July 2023, 14:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You cant get the Bus refunded. It´s not obligatory to reserve trains via the Railplanner app (in my opinion it´s even the last spot to get reservations :/ ) 

Incase of Norwegian trains you can reserve them on the website of entour.no (since few weeks even online) before that you had to use the Chat option or call them. 

And the chat option is always a personal live chat with a Customer Service agent. Answer within minutes. 

You cant get the Bus refunded. It´s not obligatory to reserve trains via the Railplanner app (in my opinion it´s even the last spot to get reservations :/ ) 

Incase of Norwegian trains you can reserve them on the website of entour.no (since few weeks even online) before that you had to use the Chat option or call them. 

Well, as I said we tried to book via rail planner and also via the entur. But this doesn't work. The entur app shows this, see image. We tried multiple days and different tracks and it still gives this error (and ofcourse entered our interrail pass code) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

During high season popular routes are sold out days or weeks in advance, so it is advised that you make your reservations well head of your travel.

The reservations are separate from your Interrail/Eurail pass and Interrail/Eurail has nothing to do with the availability of reservations. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's not an error, it's a hint: Entur's new pass holder seats booking on their website can only handle 1 person at a time. You can still look for free seats though. If normal tickets are available, then you can also book a pass holder seat.

Also note that reservations are only mandatory between Trondheim and Dombås, not between Dombås and Åndalsnes. I can see availability for tomorrow between Trondheim and Dombås (for 2 persons), so I'd say just book these reservations (ticket office or via chat on entur.no).