Solved

Getting the RENFE confirmation number from reservation

• 30 April 2022
  • 2 replies

So I placed a EUrrail reservation for a trip I’m planning in a couple weeks, and had the paper pass for RENFE shipped to my hostel ahead of time. After talking with the hostel it seems like the package required my signature and ID to be received so the paper pass is stuck in transit.

Is there a way to get EURail to provide me the confirmation number of the RENFE reservation for me to be able to reprint the pass when I land in Barcelona, or should I just cancel the reservation and rebook.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 30 April 2022, 22:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Eurail send their post via registered mail so you need to arrange with the hostel in advance to see if it's possible for them to receive it.

It is a paper reservation and as far as I know it is not possible to reprint it anywhere.

So I did talk with the hostel ahead of time and provided proper documentation and a signature sign off for them, the post is still in potentially second delivery, but when the staff visited the office they were told that pickup with the documentation provided wasn’t enough.

Good to know that EUrail can’t/couldn’t provide the ticketing information of the reservation for re-printing by the train station though. I’ll have to look into rebooking/the cancelation route.