Solved

Hamburg-Stockholm reservation different prices?

• 26 September 2023
  • 9 replies

I’ve got a 5 Day within a month Interrail Global Pass and so has my mum. I’m trying to reserve seats for us on the Hamburg to Stockholm 22:01-09:56 train on the 11th of October. Everything I have read tells me to not use the eurail/interrail website to book reservations as they are normally less on the train company’s website. So I looked at sj.se and put in the passes for us both and have the following options:

Seat: 330SEK (£24.60)
Couchette: 770SEK (£57.40)
Sleeping compartment: 1,660SEK (£123.74)
Whole compartment: 1,654SEK (123.29)

When I look at the Interrail.eu website I get the following:

Seat: £11.36
Couchette: £22.36
Sleeper (2 in a 3 bed I think?): £45.52

Is there a reason that the interrail prices are so much less? Somewhere I read that it was doubled on checkout and it was for one person only but then I removed one of us and the prices halved. 

Is there a catch I’m not understanding with the interrail website? I obviously would prefer to pay less and reserve through there but I don’t want to get to Hamburg and find that I’ve not got a reservation. Thanks for any help, I have looked for similar problems in the community but didn’t quite find the answer I was looking for.

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 27 September 2023, 15:37

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Prices on interrail.eu are often outdated unfortunately... I guess you saw this page : https://www.interrail.eu/en/book-reservations/reservation-fees/night-train-reservation-fees

For example 2 night trains on there don't run anymore (Serbia/Bulgaria - Greece).

Prices on sj.se are correct. I'd suggest getting a whole compartment for yourselves if you want a good night sleep. Remember that you save a night accommodation while travelling. :)

Btw there's another night train between Hamburg and Stockholm run by Snälltåget : 22:40 - 14:10. Prices are similar but it takes longer.

I'd recommend booking ASAP : night trains have limited capacity and are quite popular.

EDIT : I had a look at the reservations page on the website and you're right : prices are way lower than what they should be. Any ideas why @rvdborgt @AnnaB ?

Got a bit further selecting the £45.52 option and until you get to paying it tells you the wrong price and then after putting in bank details it has a yellow button to press and it says pay £129.68, so it’s obviously being silly and sj.se is the way to go!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah yes this bug should've been corrected a few weeks ago... thanks for pointing that out !

@Camilo. @Mukhammad 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Ah yes this bug should've been corrected a few weeks ago... thanks for pointing that out !

@Camilo. @Mukhammad 

Hi @jenapen and @thibcabe 

I am getting these prices:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Camilo. The discussion was about incorrect prices on interrail.eu. I can't check right now since I don't have a valid pass.

Your screenshot shows the reservation's costs for the night train + X2000 fast train between Malmö and Stockholm. The direct night train takes 15 min longer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Look for the train in the picture below. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Camilo. The discussion was about incorrect prices on interrail.eu. I can't check right now since I don't have a valid pass.

Your screenshot shows the reservation's costs for the night train + X2000 fast train between Malmö and Stockholm. The direct night train takes 15 min longer.

The prices are correct on Interrail.eu

Am I missing something? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well SJ gives those prices : 165 SEK (14.20€) for a seat and 385 SEK (33.10€) for a couchette. While Interrail lists respectively 6.60€ and 13€.

From what I could see Interrail corrects prices so they match SJ during checkout but there's still an issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Well SJ gives those prices : 165 SEK (14.20€) for a seat and 385 SEK (33.10€) for a couchette. While Interrail lists respectively 6.60€ and 13€.

From what I could see Interrail corrects prices so they match SJ during checkout but there's still an issue.

Yes, I was checking the other option offered by SJ, but including one stop. I will investigate with the timetable team.