Solved

Help: TER Dijon to Paris no reservation itinerary

• 23 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi! I’m currently in Dijon and heading to Rueil-Malmaison today.

The only trains that are available for reservation have me arriving past 18:00 and i’d really like to arrive earlier, even if it means taking the regional train for a lot longer travel time. 

I haven’t done a reservation-free trip in France yet, so I’d like someone to check my work and maybe offer suggestions if I’m missing anything? 

QUESTIONS -

1. what’s the best way to receive the most up to date train updates for reservation-free trips in France? I was using the SNCF website and toggled only TER and Bus (I need to take a bus to Rueil-Malmaison and i know i need to pay for that). Is there another way I can check since Railplanner doesn’t update often? I worry because we’ve been advised here not to use Railplanner, but without Railplanner as an initial check, I wouldn’t clearly know what Train lines are regional or not. 
  2. I can just hop on any France TER train without a seat reservation?
  3. Just verifying if someone has time to double check my work that there isn’t any earlier open reservation trip that i missed? 

This is what I pulled up on the SNCF website but i’d realy love an app that updates real-time just to make sure i have the most up to date info. 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 23 October 2022, 05:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes, that journey is fine with your pass. TER do not require reservations. Just add the trains to your pass before boarding.

SNCF website will give up to date running information,

Website and apps from Deutsche Bahn and OBB (Scotty app) will also provide real time running information.

No earlier direct fast trains, you could get there earlier by booking a TGV from Lyon and taking a RER from Dijon - Lyon, it is actually about an hour quicker than the above journey.

08.40 Dijon - Lyon Part Dieu 1044

11.04 Lyon PD - Paris 1300

or

10.41 Dijon - Lyon PD 12.44

13.04 Lyon PD - Paris 15.00

€20 reservation required for those Lyon - Paris TGV

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes, that journey is fine with your pass. TER do not require reservations. Just add the trains to your pass before boarding.

SNCF website will give up to date running information,

Website and apps from Deutsche Bahn and OBB (Scotty app) will also provide real time running information.

No earlier direct fast trains, you could get there earlier by booking a TGV from Lyon and taking a RER from Dijon - Lyon, it is actually about an hour quicker than the above journey.

08.40 Dijon - Lyon Part Dieu 1044

11.04 Lyon PD - Paris 1300

or

10.41 Dijon - Lyon PD 12.44

13.04 Lyon PD - Paris 15.00

€20 reservation required for those Lyon - Paris TGV

Wow thank you so much @Al_G  you also gave me an idea to look for Beaune. Thank you thank you! Idk how y’all do it. I spent all night trying to look up alternative destinations. 🤦🏻‍♀️ all it takes is a simple transfer via option.