Solved

How do I know if I have a sleeper seat for a night train?

• 26 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello! 

I booked a night train but I am not sure if I have a sleeper seat. There was not an option to choose. Does that mean the train has no sleeper seats? 

I tried contacted Eurail so hopefully I can find out for sure and change it if needed but has anyone ever gone through something similar? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 27 July 2022, 02:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

How much did your reservation cost?

Also  actual details, time , date, locations, where you booked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Another question:

Did you receive any form of confirmation from the reservation service - e.g. email or letter?

It is from Vienna to Zurich on August 24th leaving at 23:27. I got the tickets and they say coach 2nd class because that was all I had to choose from. It was around 30 USD for two seats which seems too low for sleeper cars. 

I really need this route and time though so I guess even if I can’t get a sleeper I’ll make it work but hoping I can get one or that maybe what I have is a sleeper? 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You are correct, for €30 it is 2 seats.

There are no sleepers available from Vienna on this departure they are sold out, to have a sleeper you would need to take the 21.27 instead.

Cost of this would be €148 for 2 in one compartment or €248 for  2 compartments.

Best place to book is OBB site https://shop.oebbtickets.at/en/ticket add in interrail discount for 2 people and search “Ticket” not “Seat” all available options then show.

Okay, thank you!