Solved

How do I make seat reservations from Lisbon to Porto?

• 22 November 2022
  • 4 replies

I am new to Eurail and can’t seem to make seat reservations from Lisbon to Porto on Wednesday November 23, 2022. I am worried they won’t be available if we wait until we get to the station the day of. How can I buy these? Any advice for a newbie? Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 22 November 2022, 00:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Portuguese reservations are only available at a Portuguese ticket office. There's no pass holder quota in Portugal and it's low season so don't worry.

Thank you so much! So we will just go to the station a little early, is that right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes. There are 2 types of trains: fast is ALFA-cost more. And more often and a bit slower, more stops, a Rapido/IC (or other local name), just a few €. Note that you likely will not stay forever in Porto-onward to Espana from there is very limited-check seat61.com for more info. You will be allright, no worries. Once In ESpana the ssame holds-can only do at counter, but there some advance planning may be very useful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes. There are 2 types of trains: fast is ALFA-cost more.

That is incorrect, as I have explained to you before. The reservation fee is the same for AP and IC.