Solved

How do I pay for the seat reservation fee after the tickets are added to my Eurail pass?

• 16 January 2023
  • 80 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello everyone, my husband and I are doing a 3-month trip in Europe in April. Recently we tried to get our trip planned and have all the train rides booked and accommodations booked and confirmed. We bought the 1st class Eurail Global Pass continuous pass for 3 month. However, after I activated our passes, I saved some trips to our passes and turned on the button of one of the trips, and I went to “My Pass” section, clicked “show tickets”, I could see the ticket with a QR code, but couldn’t see any button for the payment options for the seat reservation fee. (it does show “seat reservations required with orange colour under the Journeys)

Could anyone please advise me how to pay the seat reservation fee on the app to secure the seat as we need to book our accommodations based on the train times. 

Thank you in advance :)

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 16 January 2023, 08:33

View original

80 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I wouldn’t worry about these reservations too much. Between Barcelona and Madrid are a lot of trains each day, so if you book on arrival in Barcelona, you should be still able to get some reservations…
Also for Madrid-Sevilla… especially as you travel on a Monday and Thursday… this are not the most busy days of the week.

Thank you @MartinM :) fingers crossed there will be seats available for us. 😬

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

But aren’t you in mid of March in München? Actually you should be able to make these reservations for Spain at the ticket office in München Hauptbahnhof…
At least until last year it was possible. So if nothing changed, should be still possible.
Just you need to be lucky to get an experienced employee. If they tell “it is not possible”, you should be insisting that it is ^^.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

But aren’t you in mid of March in München? Actually you should be able to make these reservations for Spain at the ticket office in München Hauptbahnhof…
At least until last year it was possible. So if nothing changed, should be still possible.
Just you need to be lucky to get an experienced employee. If they tell “it is not possible”, you should be insisting that it is ^^.

I have changed a lot of things of the original itinerary. We will be arriving in Paris on 15 April which is our first stop in Europe before Spain, so Paris is the only place we could possibly book our Spanish reservations. Is it possible though? 😬

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

During a quick google research only found this agency: https://www.118000.fr/e_C0039775760

But not sure if it really exists… if there is a Deutsche Bahn Agency in Paris, then you could try to get the reservations there. But as said, I don’t think it will be a problem if you make the reservations only on arrival in Barcelona.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

During a quick google research only found this agency: https://www.118000.fr/e_C0039775760

But not sure if it really exists… if there is a Deutsche Bahn Agency in Paris, then you could try to get the reservations there. But as said, I don’t think it will be a problem if you make the reservations only on arrival in Barcelona.

@MartinM thank you so much for trying to help, I really appreciate it.

I found a PDF file on DB website of the list of their agencies.

I didn’t see one in France but surprisingly there’s one in Australia. 😄 I will contact them tomorrow see if they can make the bookings for me. 😊