Solved

How many journeys?

• 12 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Dear All,

I am travelling back from Nice on Saturday evening, leaving at 21:37, with a longish stopover in Marseille - arrive 00:13 & depart at 06:33 travelling to Lille Europe where I am taking the Eurostar to London; I have reserved seats.

My question is this though: is this one journey, using my pass, or more?

Many thanks, John

icon

Best answer by Schelte 12 September 2023, 23:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

You'll need two travel days, as you'll be boarding trains before and after midnight. The 21:37 train from Nice to Marseille is a TER for which reservations aren't possible. Depending on your pass it might still be cheaper to get a separate ticket for that journey instead of using a travel day.

There is a direct night train from Nice to Paris (19:07 Nice - 07:55 Paris), but that doesn't run on saturday night. Plus, if you're also travelling on Eurostar with your pass you'd also need two travel days in that case.

Userlevel 1
Badge

You'll need two travel days, as you'll be boarding trains before and after midnight. The 21:37 train from Nice to Marseille is a TER for which reservations aren't possible. Depending on your pass it might still be cheaper to get a separate ticket for that journey instead of using a travel day.

There is a direct night train from Nice to Paris (19:07 Nice - 07:55 Paris), but that doesn't run on saturday night. Plus, if you're also travelling on Eurostar with your pass you'd also need two travel days in that case.

Hi Schelte,

Thank you.  I have decided to not use the pass for that day but to get tickets from SNCF.  My son and I are going to a match of the Rugby World Cup and the 21:37 train is the only one out of Nice after the game going towards Marseille.

Your tip has proven really helpful.

Many thanks, John