Solved

How to book a FR/ES reservation if the app says "Book at major train stations"

• 4 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello community,

I recently purchased an Interrail Global Pass in order to travel to France and Spain next week. My country of residence is Germany.  

I’m planning to travel from Strasbourg to Barcelona on Wednesday. I have to book two reservations for that tour: One for Strasbourg-Lyon (1) and one for Lyon-Barcelona (2). When I click “How and when to book” in the app it brings me to the “Seat reservations” screen where it only says:

“Book at major train stations” 

What does that mean? I actually want to book my reservation right now in order to have a smooth travel without any hassle. 

The exact same message applies for my tour from Barcelona to Paris on Friday and for the tour from Paris to Berlin the day after.

May you please advise how to handle that? My goal is to get my reservations done right now.

icon

Best answer by Angelo 4 April 2022, 20:26

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

For strasbourg - Lyon you can reserve via SNCB/NMBS international via this link or via call center. You can also try to call SNCF (+33 1 84 94 3635, press #85 for English) and ask them if you can book it as a reservation for Interrail. If so, then they should be able to book it for you; you'll get it via email. Deutsche Bahn can not sell reservations for trains within france. You need a Pass Cover Number, wich is on a paper pass, if you have a mobile pass you can get one via costumer service

Traveling between France and Spain with Interrail is not the best idea. The direct TGV Paris-Barcelona can only be used with paper reservations (this means Interrail send you this via Mail) or at counter of SNCF, RENFE or Deutsche Bahn. Only a few seats are available for Interrail users. This means it could be booked out for eastern. 

You could also use one of the reservations free trains via Port Bou.