Skip to main content

We are reaching Chur via Bernina Express only at 6:20 pm in the evening.  When I look for tickets from Chur to Zurich for that evening - there seems to be only 2 trains left and they dont take reservations.  What if the trains are full and I am traveling with a party of 4?  How do i buy tickets to any other train from Chur to Zurich.

Can you send me details of other regional trains or operators where I can buy ticket to Zurich using EU Rail pass?

Hey, 
if you have an EU rail pass, you can use the train from Chur to Zürich for free and you don’t need a reservation. The train is starting from there, so likely you will get a seat even for a group of 4 together (only on weekends could be really crowded between 4 and 7 pm).
There are still many trains going direct to Zürich after 6.20pm… e.g. 18.37, 19.08, 19.16, 20.08, … last IC (fast) is at 21.08, last IR (more stops) is at 22.14.

Check connections on SBB website or German Railways

Reservations in Switzerland are unnecessary (except for the scenic expresses) and generally a waste of money. Also with a group of 4.