Solved

How to book train from Barcelona to Madrid?

• 13 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone!

I have a question. This summer I will be traveling around Europe. But I’m having trouble with booking my seat reservation. I want to book this for Barcelona-Madrid (on July 16th) and  Madrid-Barcelona (on July 19th). What I’ve tried already:

1. Booking via the interrail website itself. This doesn’t work, I get a notification that says ‘Not available from Interrail.eu’
  2. Booking via OBB. This also doesn’t work. It says ‘Angebotsfehler’. (So basically error)
  3. Booking via Renfe. If you want to book via Renfe you need to create an account. When creating this account you need to fill in your ‘documento de identidad’. You can choose between DNI or NIE (which I think only Spanish people have) or Pasaporte. We don’t have a passport, we only have Belgian ID’s. We tried entering our id number but it says this is not valid
  4. Emailing Renfe. After this problem, we emailed Renfe. They said we needed to book with Interrail Rail Planner. Which we have already tried..

Does anyone know how else I can book these train reservations? You would be a huge help!

Since were traveling in a busy season I would like to book them beforehand. But if I won’t be able to, do you think there is a chance the train is fully booked? 

Greetings Lotte

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 14 June 2022, 01:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

4.) quite strange as RENFE closed the system connection that Interrail used to reserve trains in Spain

3.) Renfe doesnt sell reservations only online :/

Your options is to reserve when you are in Spain as the route have quite frequent trains per day.

Another option is to ask a Ticketagency that handle DB Bookings (german Rail) you have to first find out the trainnumbers you wanna reserve via renfe.com and then ask the ticket agency if they can reserve this train for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Unfortunately, Belgian railways recently stopped selling tickets and reservations for Spain.

Here are all known ways to book Spanish domestic trains: