Solved

How to buy a ticket at the train station

• 10 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,

I'm planning a trip and I'll be using a global pass for my train travels. I've heard that it's possible to book tickets directly at train stations without having to pay for individual tickets, but rather using the pass. Can anyone share their experience with this process? How does it work, and are there any specific steps or tips I should know about when reserving tickets with a rail pass at the train stations?

Thanks in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 10 August 2023, 10:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I’m not sure I get what you mean.

First a bit of terminology:

Your Interrail/Eurail pass IS your ticket. I presume you have a pass already, and that you mean getting seat reservations for certain trains?

It’s rather straightforward. You go to the ticket offices, choose the international or domestic ticket offices and you just state you have an Interrail/Eurail pass and want a reservation for Train a for date x. You pay, you get the reservation printed, and you’re good to go.

But some trains can sell out, it’s not a wise idea to wait last minute to get reservations for trains like Eurostar, Thalys or some international TGVs as they can sell out. Most other trains have a usually availability the day itself, although not necessarily on the time you’lld like to leave.

For which trains you’lld like a seat reservation?