Solved

How to choose my seat - From Paris to Marseille

Hi Guys,

I’ve made my seat reservation for the train from Paris to Marseille on July 27, 2023 successfully.

Now, I would like to know how can I choose my seat for the train?

Here are the details of my booking:

• Departure date: July 27, 2023
  • Departure time: 10:38am
  • Train: TGV INOUI 6109 - 1e CLASSE

Is it possible to choose my seat online? (like Eurostar)

Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 6 May 2023, 18:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you have reserved then you will already have been allocated a carriage and seat number.

The only way to pick a specific a seat is to use a SNCF ticket office, station ticket machine or by phone. I do not know f they are able at a ticket office to change the seat allocation on a reservation that has already been issued.

You can see the train/carriage/seat layout but not book (for passholder) or alter the reserved seat at https://www.sncf-connect.com/fr-ch/ website or SNCF Connect app.

Eurostar is very unusual in being able to alter your seat reservation through their website/app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Like I said you can NOT alter your booking via SNCF Connect.

You can search for a full fare 1st class booking and see the seating plan and it will show which 1st class seats are currently unreserved, nothing else.

If you have reserved then you will already have been allocated a carriage and seat number.

The only way to pick a specific a seat is to use a SNCF ticket office, station ticket machine or by phone. I do not know f they are able at a ticket office to change the seat allocation on a reservation that has already been issued.

You can see the train/carriage/seat layout but not book (for passholder) or alter the reserved seat at https://www.sncf-connect.com/fr-ch/ website or SNCF Connect app.

Eurostar is very unusual in being able to alter your seat reservation through their website/app.

Thank you for your message!
I tried many times to enter my “Dossier voyage” and my last name to look for my booking via sncf-connect.com, it keeps saying that they are not allowed to see my booking.

Many thanks!