Solved

How to Get Tickets and Seat Reservations on Bahn.DE

• 11 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone, my first post. I am Interrailing this summer with my teenager. We have booked loads of our trains on Obb Austria. But we need to book some on Bahn.De and I cannot find how to add the interrail discount. We have first class tickets and using the Obb website gave us free reservations, but it only has limited German train details. 

Also the train times on Obb do not match up with Interrail, so I added them manually to the Interrail app - is this normally?

Thanks for any help and advice.

icon

Best answer by Angelo 11 May 2023, 08:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, 

what train does ÖBB not have and Bahn.de can? Because they should be able to sell the same.

About train missing, yes because it take some time to get the timetable to the app (the app works offline for timetables) and some time there are mistakes or trains missing.

I can only book part of the journey through OBB, It says other parts of the journey are not possible to book despite being able to book them through the Interrail app. I want to avoid the booking fees as much as possible on the Interrail app. I am trying to book for August, but whenever I look on Bahn.De, there is no where to add interrail as a discount. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

To be clear, do you say the full reservation is free with OBB in any first class seat with any operator (e,g, trenitalia) or simply that they do not charge a booking fee?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To be able to help, we need details: route, date and departure time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

To be clear, do you say the full reservation is free with OBB in any first class seat with any operator (e,g, trenitalia) or simply that they do not charge a booking fee?

They do not charge in first class, for trains with optional reservations.

Reservation cost work like this:

optional reservation: reservation cost is 100% to the train company who sell it and not the company that runs the train (this is why SNCB asks 6€, ÖBB 3€, DB 4,50€ in 2nd, MAV 1€ or Interrail 8€ (SNCB+2€)). They can choose the price.

Reservation compulsory trains: the price is fixed by the train company that runs the train. In your example Trenitalia and you will have to pay 10€ or 13€.