Skip to main content
Solved

How to make a reservation for the Centovalli Locarno-Domodossola train

• 3 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I am new to Eurail, first time travelling to Europe with my family. We got a pass and we have obtained seat reservations for all the trains that require them on our upcoming trips. However, there is one trip for which we are looking into getting the optional seat reservations: the Centovalli train between Locarno and Domodossola. We are planning on taking a Vigezzo Vision train on that route, which we understand has a surchage that can be paid on board. This train also does not allow you to travel unless you find a seat, which means it may be useful to get a reservation on busy seasons. Since we will be travelling on July 12, we were trying to get a reservation online, which I understand would also allow us to pay the surchage online as well. But when going to the Centovalli website to get the seat reservations, and choosing the option that indicates we already have a ticket and just need reservations, a new form is presented that asks what type of ticket you have ( (https://prenota.vigezzinacentovalli.com/?action=prenotazionecerca ). However, I can’t find the Eurail pass ticket type on that list. Is it possible to get a seat reservation online for that train, having a Eurail pass? If so, is it possible to do it on that website? And if so, what type of travel document in that form is the correct one for an Eurail pass?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Imho I’d use the “carta giornaliera” option since it comes the closest to a Eurail pass. But to be completely sure it’s advisable to maybe write an E-Mail to info@vigezzinacentovalli.com. The reply might surely be helpful for future users of the Centovalli train in this forum too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Angelo Any suggestion?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Doesn't matter what you enter. You can also enter any subscription number.

I'd choose Abbonamento generale svizzero (AG) since this Swiss subscription is 100% valid on the route but as I said it doesn't matter.

This train can indeed get pretty busy. AFAIK only one carriage can be reserved while the other works in a first come first served basis.

I've definitely seen people standing so you'd get onboard anyway but better get a reservation for sure! (4€ per person)

Thank you so much for your replies! I’ll try contacting them just to see if they reply anything interesting about this. But it is good to hear from thibcabe that apparently it doesn’t matter what you put in the type and number fields. Thanks for your suggestions and advice! Learning how these different trains work is a whole new world!