Solved

How to make seat reservations for a group with mobile passes?

• 29 June 2021
  • 7 replies

I can make a reservation for only myself (In the interrail reservation system) , but as soon as more than one person is part of the trip it shows “NOT AVAILABLE” for every single connection (even though before it said that there are still many seats available). This goes for any train in Europe as far as we've seen. It says by the grey I (for information) that you can only reserve seats for people who are known in your acount, yet i can't seem to figure out how to add someone with a mobile pass to my account. We'd like to be seated togheter for our trips, is there any way this is possible if we all have mobile passes.

I'm really hoping someone can help me I've been researching and trying things for two weeks now.

Kind regards

icon

Best answer by Nanja 1 July 2021, 15:16

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Make your reservations with the local trainoperator.

@RemkoBak do you mean via the italiarail site for example? Because in order to do that you need a paper pass. Or do you mean on the treinstation while you are travelling, because am i anxious the train will already be full the day before and we have kind of a tight scedule.  

Userlevel 1

in italy it works at the station. . At the station it is best to do is when you arrive, not close to departure. reservations via internet are explained on this site: https://www.seat61.com/train-travel-in-italy.htm#how-to-use-trenitalia.com

Though hereit says mobile passes wont work….. https://www.seat61.com/how-to-use-an-interrail-pass.htm#buy-a-pass-online

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing these issues. This is a bug we are aware of and are trying to fix. As a temporary workaround, you will need to go to the '’My Trips & Travelers section, edit your travelers and add the missing data again. In case you still experience issues, please contact our Customer Support team directly via the support options listed here: https://www.interrail.eu/nl/support

@Nanja may I ask what you exactly mean by 'missing data' and where I could complete that. The only place I can add data it once again asks for a pass cover number which we, since we have mobile passes, don't have. Am i missing something or do you maybe know what number I should put in the space 'pass cover number' for people with a mobile pass who i'd like to add to my account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nanja may I ask what you exactly mean by 'missing data' and where I could complete that. The only place I can add data it once again asks for a pass cover number which we, since we have mobile passes, don't have. Am i missing something or do you maybe know what number I should put in the space 'pass cover number' for people with a mobile pass who i'd like to add to my account.

You have to ask via customerservice@eurail.com  for your passcovernumbers. The problem is that the mobile passes are new and there are still some issues :/ (Me and my friends never had this problem :/ )

@seewulf okay! I've emailed them, I'm hoping I get a working pass cover number. Thanks for the help!