Solved

How to receive ticket reservation by post when I am leaving Canada in 2 weeks

• 23 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I have a europe trip planned out but am not sure what to do about two of the trains I am wanting to take. I leave Canada on September 6th (15 days away) and need the train reservations (that are delivered by post) for September 16th and September 19th.

On the 16th I am planning on taking the Eurocity train from Berlin to Krakow and on the 19th I am planning on taking the Intercity night train from Krakow to Budapest. I will be at a hostel in Berlin from the 13th-16th of September. Should I send the tickets there? Or am I able to get the reservations a different way?

Thanks a lot in advance.

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 23 August 2023, 09:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Most train reservations are delivered by pdf, just show them digitally or print them out. For night trains best print them out, as crew holds on to your ticket mostly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For Berlin - Krakow : either you buy one on intercity.pl from the border (Rzepin - Krakow) for 1 PLN (0.20€) or you wait until you get in Berlin or elsewhere in Germany and buy one for the whole journey at a ticket counter (4.90€).

Krakow - Budapest should be available online on cd.cz but it doesn't work at the moment... try again later or otherwise buy it at any train station in Germany, Switzerland, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice is not to get tickets delivered to a hotel or similar. The tickets are sent by registered mail and there has been many reports of tickets that haven’t been delivered correctly. Follow the advice of @thibcabe instead of ordering paper tickets.