Solved

How to travel from Athens Greece to Patra Greece with Eurail Global Pass

Hi There!

I am checking the train timetable to travel from Athens Greece to Patra Greece using Eurail global pass on Aug 11, 24 and it shows  "can't find any train to match".  I tried different dates, I got the same results.

I also have tried Athens to Kiato and got the same results.  So, I am confused.  I am just trying to get to Patras and get on the Ferry to go to Bai, Italy.  How do I get from Athens to the Ferry at Patras ?

Please help.

icon

Best answer by Hektor 28 May 2024, 15:53

View original

2 replies

The timetable is just in the app until May 31st. Expect later dates to come. You may have a look at the timetable for May to get an idea how ot will look like.

But it's always a train and bus combo that takes about 3 hours (every hour from noon; every two hours in the morning).

https://www.hellenictrain.gr/sites/default/files/2023-12/%CE%9A%CE%99%CE%91%CE%A4%CE%9F-%CE%91%CE%98%CE%97%CE%9D%CE%91-%CE%A0%CE%95%CE%99%CE%A1%CE%91%CE%99%CE%91%CE%A3%2016.12.2023_0.pdf

You do need a mandatory reservation for the bus part (needs to be done at a greek station; should be free of charge).

Thank you.  This helps a lot. I will check it out.